Monday, April 13, 2009

Test help..PSAT, need extra time but too late.?

Ok, so I have PSAT tommorow morning at 8:15. I know that I need extra time on it, but it was too late for me to take the assesment test to prove it, so basically, I%26#039;m freaking out right now because I know time is going to run out on me and yeah, i%26#039;m like freeaking out. I am starting to get a headache..what should I do tommorow? I mean I know the basics, get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, but what should I do, am I screwed or is there anything I can possibly do?





I problem I have which is a really big one is I cannot keep focus. I will start looking all over the place. What should I do, is there anything I can do to clear my mind of all distractions so I can focus FULLY. Anything I can take..Other than Ginkgo Biloba..(I don%26#039;t have any right now)..Please..any help would be great..Thanx in advance..

Test help..PSAT, need extra time but too late.?
Calm down..it%26#039;s just a test..a PRACTICE test at that..


This is just for students who would like to have a sneak peak at the REAL SAT..No need to stress okay?





Eat a nice size breakfast so your belly doesn%26#039;t grumble. if you can%26#039;t concentrate on a empty stomache..make sure your tummyy is filled. If your like me and too concentrated on the test to think about hunger..a sandwich is fine! They give you a break so you can get a snack during the break too..





It can be pressuring, but basically..don%26#039;t OVERthink. The answers are right in front of you. Read the passages carefully but quickly. When you answer questions about the passage..just keep referring back to the passage. Read the MATH questions CAREFULLY..and make sure you calculate correctly. if you have time, review your answers to make sure your didn%26#039;t miss a question and bubbled in the wrong question # because it can THROW off your whole answer sheet.





Work at a moderate pace. Don%26#039;t rush too much through it. It%26#039;s best to sort of rush at the end because you get USED to how the test works so when you rush at the END, you won%26#039;t make so much mistakes. In the beginning however, it%26#039;s best to take the test a MODERATE speed because it%26#039;s better to get MOST of the questions RIGHT in the beginning an dget a few wrong at the end for rushing...RATHER than to get MOST of it wrong because you didn%26#039;t really read the questions carefully.





Also, The SAT test makers say that most of time, the answer is %26quot;C%26quot; and %26quot;all the above%26quot; . But don%26#039;t use this tactic that often unless REAALLLLYY stuck! Not every answer is see just a HIGHER percentage of the test are that answer..





Also, if you do bad on the SAT..there%26#039;s always the ACT which I believe in WAYYY easier than the SAT. And if you don%26#039;t do good on the ACT, you can take a COLLEGE PLACEMENT TEST(CPT) at the college you will plan to attend. This test is SOOO much easier than any of them. It actually tests you on what you learned in highschool. ANd you can get the same scholarships with a CPT test..it is basically equivalent to the ACT and SAT in the college you will go to





DON%26#039;T make this test scare you. Colleges are not weighing


SAT and ACT as heavily as the used to because they realize that just because these kids PASS the test..doesn%26#039;t neccessarily make the smart..





The SAT and ACT and CPT..is JUST a PLACEMENT test. Which classes you will need to take in college? Perhaps you need to take remedial classes if u don%26#039;t do too good in one subject..perhaps you need to SKIP a class if your score is high..THAT%26#039;S IT! Don%26#039;t let anyone SCARE you like how they used to scare me in highschool. IT%26#039;s really not that serious. Alot of colleges will STILL accept you if you don%26#039;t do good..they will just place you REMEDIAL classes..which can range from 1-4 classes..





Don%26#039;t stress..it%26#039;s great to have a high score..but it%26#039;s not the end of the world if you don%26#039;t...TRUST me!





Good luck!! You%26#039;ll do fine! Just don%26#039;t overthink it..It%26#039;s a PLACEMENT test that determines which classes you have to take in college..period! Just show them how much you know..and how smart you are!
Reply:I%26#039;m taking PSAT%26#039;s tommorrow too. I%26#039;m a sophomore. Basically, I want to do really good, so I could get a high score, but I am scared I%26#039;ll get distracted during the testing time and end up skipping a lot of questions when I could have gotten them right. Just relax, don%26#039;t drink too much water. Put some eye drops in your eyes so your fully awake and keep your eyes on the test. Forget the clock is ticking, forget about the people around you, and just think about doing good. Think about about getting a good score, and that%26#039;s it. It%26#039;ll keep you from getting distracted.



acne scar

No comments:

Post a Comment